Friday, December 5, 2008

More Adobe...

These past two afternoon I’ve felt like I was in prison doing manual labor, haha. We have been transporting the adobe bricks we made about a month and a half ago to my house. In encompasses carrying about two adobe bricks about 50 ft to a tractor. Then, having the tractor transport about 300 of the bricks to the house. Then, all of us forming a line and passing brick by brick by hand into our “yard” I guess we would call it. Little did I know that the bricks were practically like cement. It wasn’t so much the weight of the bricks, although it was, it was the fact that all of them had jagged edges. So, my hands and arms are pretty much torn up from all the work haha. It’s curious why I would write “haha” after that statement. However, there is a little charm to going out and doing manual labor here in my town. Everyone has fun while doing it as I have mentioned before. Even though our arms were about to fall of a quarter of the way through, everyone put a smile on their face and made it somewhat fun to do.

Anyhow, my computer classes are dwindling right now down to only the basico level. The intermediate level is definitely done. However, the avanzado level was lacking last night due to a despedida for the seniors of high school. The funny thing about the despedida is that there are still two more weeks of school left which are composed of finals. Therefore, they still could fail and have to repeat. I think that is kind of amusing. Today, I’m heading out to do some irrigation (not like we think of it, but by hand and shovel). Tomorrow I’m planning on going over to Madrigal to work on a “how to manage your farm’s finances” charla with two other volunteers in my group. Next week I plan on heading into Chivay for the annual festival and in a week I’m back in Arequipa for another regional meeting. That’s all I got. Chao.

No comments: