Tuesday, August 12, 2008

site visit

I think my site visit can best be described through photos. However, I’m going to write a little blog entry about it as well. Sorry I have been MIA for so long but i left last saturday for my site visit in Arequipa and did not return until this past Sunday. It was a roller coaster of a week but I’m sure I will be ok at site and it will be a great experience.

First, lets talk about Arequipa city. It’s really beautiful and looks almost exactly like Sevilla which is where I studied abroad. I was kind of in awe when I got there and saw it looked like sevilla. The city is surrounded by three volcanoes and is pretty temperate. It’s a decently big tourist place and I am really glad that it’s my capitol city.

After the first two days in the city, I left Arequipa to go to my site with my community partner. When I got to my house that night it was a bit of a shock as you will see from the pictures. However, at site I got to be introduced by the mayor countless times and was able to meet with all of the associations that I will be working with for the next two years. Some of these associations included…

Artisans, Farmers, Pig Farmers, Guinea pig farmers, Natural Resources…etc
All of them had a lot of organizational problems and accounting problems. There will be a lot of work to be done and it gets me excited to think about how much I could really change these people’s lives. Ok, as im writing this I’m figuring out how much better captions under my pics will be. So, look at my other post with the pics for more of the story.

No comments: